Below is a list of internships and other opportunities to get involved on campus or in local politics. If you have a suggestion to add to this list, please send it to email@example.com.
Congresswoman Barbara Lee’s District Office Internship
Congresswoman Barbara Lee’s Oakland District Office accepts internship applications from students currently enrolled at an accredited institution who live in or attend school in the 13th Congressional District. The internship program offers an opportunity to learn about the Congresswoman’s work in the 13th Congressional District, provide direct services to constituents and assist with outreach events. Applicants should be flexible, professional and have excellent written and oral communication skills. The internships are unpaid, but the Congresswoman’s office will be glad to help secure credits through the student’s school or university. Students from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please complete the online application here.
Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s District Office Internship
Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi’s internship program offers the unique opportunity to learn about the functions of the House of Representatives, the Congresswoman’s work in representing the City of San Francisco, and her role as the House Democratic Leader. Congresswoman Pelosi’s office is located at the San Francisco Federal Building 90 7th Street, Suite 2-800, San Francisco, CA.
· Excellent communication skills including written and verbal
· Knowledge of and experience with various computer programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
· Attention to detail and an ability to complete tasks efficiently and thoroughly
· An interest in policy issues and government
Selected Intern Duties:
· Office administrative support which includes greeting constituents, answering phones, sorting mail, data entry, organizing press clips and assisting staff with front desk/reception duties
· Assisting staff in planning press conferences and community events
· Researching and drafting responses for office correspondence
While the internship is unpaid, Congresswoman Pelosi supports students requesting credit for their internship through their school or university. Applicants should be punctual, organized, and flexible as tasks and environments vary. Times are flexible, based on intern’s availability – Monday-Friday, 10:00a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
To apply, please complete the online internship application and fax a writing sample to 415-861-1670. The online application can be found here.
City of Berkeley Commissions
Want to get involved in local politics? You can join a Berkeley City Board or Commission! Click here to view all the different commissions you can potentially serve on!
Lobbying with The ASUC External Affairs Vice President’s Office
Are you interested in going on lobbying trips with other fellow passionate students? Then make sure to fill out the ASUC EAVP interest form found here!