The Alameda County Democratic Party is gearing up for the 2012 Election Season and seeking energetic, passionate student interns who are looking for college credit or simply looking for ways to build your resume. We are offering internships around Alameda County to help with all of the following tasks, as well as other duties that come up this Election Season:
• Field: Assist the Executive Director with outreach, research, volunteer coordination, special projects
and administrative and operational tasks. Lead grassroots rallies, canvasses (precinct walks), and
phone banks. A good sense of humor and a willingness to take on any task.
• New Media: Help build the campaign’s social networking and online presence on Facebook.com,
Twitter.com, YouTube.com, Flickr.com, and ACDems.org as well as disperse online media materials,
and assist with other tasks as needed. Strong organizational and writing skills required.
• Solutions & Analysis Research: Research all aspects of the campaign’s messaging and on-andoffline efforts. Excellent analytical and research skills are desired. Technical and legal knowledge of
the political process, Elections, and campaigns is a plus.
• Finance: Research potential donors, prepare briefing materials, research labor union contacts,
maintain donor records, and assist with other tasks as needed. Assist in fundraising events
coordination and outreach. Strong organizational and writing skills are essential. Research experience
is desired, but not mandatory.
Interns are asked to dedicate at least 10 hours per week or whatever is required from your program to receive college credit. Schedules will be determined upon acceptance to the program. This internship provides remote work opportunities.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Solid computer and research skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to juggle multiple deadlines and assignments.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Applicants with a variety of experience levels and interests encouraged to apply.
• Applications should consist of a resume and at least 2 references.
• Include available start date and end date.
• Send all materials or inquiries electronically to: ExecutiveDirector@ACDems.org
Deadlines and Dates:
• Internships will be for a period of ten or twelve weeks or whatever your college program requires in
order to receive college credit.
• This is an unpaid internship and there is no stipend, housing or any other benefit provided.
• Internships are open to all undergraduate, graduate students, and recent graduates.
Paid for by
Alameda County Democratic Central Committee
P.O. Box 3937, Hayward, CA 94540-3937
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate committee.